Johnno

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Years Resolutions

Nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

That's about it. One good thing abot the New Year is that it is my birthday which has its advantages.

1. I can usually work out exactly how old I am in exact years, months and days.

2. I always seem to have a public holiday on my birthday.

3. I always get fireworks.

4. The coming in of the new year is also an anniversary of my journey on this blue blob around a small sun on the edge of the galaxy.

5. People remember your birthday more easily than other "standard" days such as May 13th.

6. In my younger days I got one kiss for the new year and one for the birthday!

Things that suck about having a birthday around this time of year.

1. Sometimes I feel a little seedy on the day as do others.

2. When I was a kid, Xmas and birthday presents were "combined". A guy who has his birthday at Christmas also has the same dilemma.

3. A lot of things are closed, so going out can be a hassle.

This year I spent New Year's Eve perched on a hill some 15km away from the fireworks on Sydney Harbour, watching a set of four synchronized firework launch spots going off at once. It was wonderful. Jan 1st was an extremely hot 43 degrees c (110 Farenheit) so most of the day was spent ducking from air conditioned location to another, although I did take a swim at Wentworth Falls Lakes later in the day.

Numerogically I'm a seven in a one year which heralds in a batch of new beginnings. It should be exciting.

Paraphrasing sleepy. Hope "y'all" have a great new year and keep writing.

7 Comments:

  • Many happy returns, and may 2006 be full of good adventure. Glad to see you are there, and not a bunch of burning ashes flying in the wind.

    By Blogger Peter (the other), at 10:42 am  

  • Thankyou Peter, it was a little worrying there for a bit. But nothing eventuated of the heat and the wind.

    By Blogger Johnno, at 10:48 am  

  • Happy Birthday, Johnno...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 am  

  • Happy New Birthday!! The present thing would have been a bugger as a kid.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:48 pm  

  • Happy Birthday, you little New Year's babe, you! More reason to party every year, I suppose. Here's to Johnno!

    By Blogger MaryB, at 4:52 am  

  • Happy belated Happy Day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:29 am  

  • Thanks to all you well wishers from around here and from over the shores.

    There'll be an upcoming 1st anniversary edition very soon!

    By Blogger Johnno, at 12:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home