Johnno

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunrise.



There's an angry sun sitting on the horison(that's a pun not a typo) telling me, "I'm on my way.....and I'm going to kick your ass today buddy.". It's going to be something like 42 degrees today, hot , hot, hot, hot. That's about 106 or something in the Fahrenheit scale so I'll probably use my season swimming pass to great effect during the heat. Either that, or skulk around some air conditioned shopping malls and hardware centres, looking interested and keeping cool.

So this morning a group of kookaburras are teaching their baby kookaburras how to laugh, a lyrebird is in the valley below warbling away and the weird summer insects are clicking and buzzing before it gets too hot to go through with any energy sapping courtship rituals.

The heat throughout this summer has resulted in me being extremely busy at work in the beverage factory, hence the woeful number of posts over the past few weeks. Add to that, I am in negotiations to buy a new place a bit further up the mountain. So like Peter I'm now back in the land of the mortgaged! It isn't as Parisian chic but it sits high on the mountain and there lots of birds around (not sure about the wallabies) Here's a pic.



Anyway, later today(or this week) I'll write a bit more about my tales of house hunting and about a course in "management" which I am currently undertaking which is further keeping me from le blogs.

4 Comments:

  • Now what's all this I'm hearing about snakes becoming frisky in your parts (I don't like snakes, nope)?

    By Blogger Peter (the other), at 7:51 pm  

  • With what little that is visible in the photo, I like it. Given a choice of high-density city living and the privacy, peace and tranquility of a mountainside, I'm up the slope every time. Hope you work it out...

    Peter has snakes in the city also. They are the 2-legged variety trying to rip and fleece you for all you have. The crawly kind are OK. You don't bother them, they won't bother you...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 pm  

  • Peter: report of a snake in my house on Friday night.......next blog up.

    I don't like them either but yeah I go along with Winston's theory. Same with spiders.

    Winston: I have a bit of tree clearing to do around the front, this was the best angle. Should be a nice spot.

    By Blogger Johnno, at 7:13 am  

  • We were sitting at 36 in the shade (or the Stevenson's Screen) this afternoon. Must've been way over 40 in the city and close to 50 in the car. The drive home was hell but I'm not complaining. Summer's here...

    They expect slightly warmer weather tomorrow...

    By Blogger Mike Golby, at 2:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home