Johnno

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Some guy I knew......



Not many people can say this........

David Penberthy has just sold his soul and been made editor- in-chief of the Murdoch (NEWS Corp.) daily in Sydney. The Daily Telegraph.

David and I used to hang out at the Adelaide University "On Dit" student newspaper offices in the late 80's. He used to write a bit and I used to sell advertising/stabilise things with my country boy good manners in an environment ruled by highly neurotic personalities.

I was once helping him type up a movie review as I was on computers a lot and he was an arts student in the late 80's with limited keyboard skills. I deleted the whole 3000 word review on the OnDit Macintosh when trying to save it.

So therefore I can proudly say....... I have deleted a Murdoch editor's work.

3 Comments:

  • good job! shame you couldn't delete murdoch.
    have you talked to david since? just curious . . .

    By Blogger sleepybomb, at 2:49 pm  

  • Nope...... but he may still have a soul. I read an article written by him describing detention centres that was very un-NEWSCORP like.

    I'll post the link later.

    BTW trying to leave comments on your blog is "hanging". I'll try again tomorrow when broadband is back to normal.

    By Blogger Johnno, at 4:12 pm  

  • i spent all day re-dressing my bloggy. . . i had a hack job comment thingy in there that was hanging, i dunno. i think blogger is wack coz of the pope and t.s. . . . too much goofy prayers. overload. try again, (i am surprised i got thru here)

    By Blogger sleepybomb, at 4:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home