Johnno

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Auburn Japanese Gardens



On my way home back from the trip to Ivan's Butchery, I stopped off at one of Sydney's best kept secrets in the suburb of Auburn. Auburn is an unusual suburb having a with approximately 25% of the annual migrant intake making it their first stop of residence, walk down the main street and it feel like you could be in a suburb of Shanghai in some parts and Instanbul in others.Strangely, the local municipal council remains mainly anglo/celtic. I used to live there and loved the melting pot of culture and especially food when I went to the main shopping drag.

There's a Japanese garden planned in the early 70's by one of the town planners. It is beautifully maintained and can be very quiet during the week. This used to be about 4 blocks from my house, I have since moved but still enjoy the tranquility of the place when I am in the area.

I took a heap of pics on my camera phone but the low res shots and my current ability to touch up with my defunct photoshop made me pick the best of a bad bunch.

1 Comments:

  • Dave,

    You're the first compatriot to grace these humble pages. Thanks for popping by.

    Yep, it is a lovely part of the world to visit. I spent many afternoons reading in that wooden hut on the water.

    By Blogger Johnno, at 7:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home