Johnno

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

South Head Lighthouse

Taken last night during a storm in the Sydney Eastern Suburbs. I was lost on Old South Head Road (took a right instead of a left..... much like Peter at the moment) and had my camera on me when this loomed on the horizon.

I've a heap more photos with a strange purply sky which I will upload later. This one turned out a warmer yellow for some reason. The light was awesome, as you will later see.

The lighthouse is still in operation pointing out the southern entrance (Southern Headland) of the mouth of Sydney Harbour. The passage between the two headlands I'm told is particularly rough as one travels from the relative calmer harbour out to the Pacific ocean. The lighthouse reminds me of that strange Buddhist temple near the Californian ocean in the film "The Usual Suspects". It's rather folorn and lonely....... there again I'm not aware of too many lighthouses in medium density urban areas!

This in much the same manner would make a great place for location scouts to utilise in offbeat gangster films where the deal goes wrong. I can see a convertible load of tough looking blokes with stubble, tattoos and an attitude.......bearing arms and Rayban sunglasses rolling up to the South Head Lighthouse to make the deal.

3 Comments:

  • Beautiful image. THanks for letting me see your blog. We'll catch up soon. Actually, I think i'm pretty free tomorrow night? Suze AKA Indigo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 am  

  • One new reader and one from a l-o-n-g time ago! Gotta love this. :-)

    Davo good to see you back in the blogosphere and welcome to Suze!

    By Blogger Johnno, at 7:55 pm  

  • Hey! Hey! HEYYYYY!!!!

    I resemble that remark!

    Love the photos though.

    By Blogger Peter (the other), at 9:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home