Johnno

Sunday, August 13, 2006

My work here is done.



I finally.......after three years, captured some images of the elusive Lyre Bird, these are very shy creatures scurrying off at the drop of a hat. I've spotted them a couple of time usually running away at a fairly quick rate and have been unable to capture them on camera. This morning, I heard some scratching outside, stalked around the balconey like a big game hunter and took some photos from my vantage point at the bush below.

I have about 65 photos in all. It's like getting 65 holes-in-one on the same day, this one appears to be a female. The males are spectacular!

It was in the shadows unfortunately and it was moving. The camera was on 10x zoom so one of these may be a bit fuzzy. However these are really rare shots. You'll not see them very often.

I could finish my bird photo blogging on this point now!




3 Comments:

  • That is a cool bird. Do you have a life book for birds?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 am  

  • I've told you before. Stop dropping hats at them.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 am  

  • Yes there are a lot of birds on my blog. I should tag them eh?

    Johnny, I had to read my post to see where you were coming from LOL.

    By Blogger Johnno, at 6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home