Johnno

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Saucy smut



Inspired by the post of library smut over here at The Nonist, (seriously go check it out...some of these libraries are gorgeous. I thought I'd add my collection of sauces for those who find carnal pleasure in things condiment!

I have a couple of favourites among these beauties.

The ones with the yellow neck at the back. Lingham's Chilli Sauce from Malaysia (note I have TWO bottles of these as backup, that way I never run out). I've often wondered about the name Lingham....is it British or is it Asian? It's a bit like the surname Lee which fits in both cultures. Anyway, I digress........ it is a sweetish but hot chilli sauce with 40% Chillis

The yellow capped one next row dwn in the middle Ayam Chilli Plum Sauce which is plummy sweet with a mildly fiery aftertaste with 13% Chilli 4% Plum.

And the red capped one next to that Ayam's Hot Chilli Sauce SRIRACHA! which is seriuosly hot and red with capsacoid goodness. This is AKA Rooster sauce! It contains 28% Chilli.

3 Comments:

  • is there a chilimeter? like proof in alcohol? didn't know that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 pm  

  • I can't believe you've neglected Professor Phardtpounder's.

    By Blogger Arkady, at 8:22 pm  

  • Moff there is actually the Scoville Scale which measures such Chilli heat. I just copied the ingredient listing percentages off of the label.

    The Sriracha sauce that only has 28% Chillies was actually the hottest. I don't think they use pansy, little girly chillies for this one, more likely chillies with a higher Scoville Scale measurement.

    Scruggs: one of the contract items, was a case of Professor Phardtpounder from Olde Harry for some particular fine and robust Australian organs with unique Australian DNA which I had harvested on his behalf.

    The blighter shot through once the cryogenically and hermetically sealed internal bits hit the LAX tarmac in specially made tamper proof diplomatic pouches. All I have is his signature since he went on the lam.....The Phardtpounder is but a long gone wish.

    By Blogger Johnno, at 3:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home