Johnno

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Damn and blast.

There may be a few numbers in this post.

There are some cool things about working a three day week such as getting four days off as a matter of course. Every day off is a long weekend.

The flip side is that a working week crammed into three days tends to make a standard day with two meal breaks rather long. I live about 40 minutes from work and start 30 minutes earlier and stay back for a bit at the end of the day...... so from door to door extends the day out to about fourteen hours most days.

I usually get up at 4:30 am Go to work at about five-ish leave work at 6:30pm and get home at about 7:15pm. Eat, surf around for a bit the sleep. I can go out Friday night but I really have to get home kinda early otherwise the next day drags on even more. By Saturday night one doesn't really feel like going out that much....I'm well and truly shagged. Sunday is really and truly a day of appreciated rest. The Sunday to Wednesday long weekend is when not much happens, so must of us on this shift don't go out that much.

The wake up time hard wiring sees me regarding a 6am wake up time as a "good sleep in". Yep I'm one of those early riser types now..... that considers a late function somewhere in the order of 10 or 11pm.

Then there is today when I am going in earlier still, at 5am to cover for a friend who usually sorts out the shift staff shortages. I set the clock for what I thought was 3:58am. I got up showered and realised I got up at 2:58am....... DAMN.

It's going to be a long, long day.

Still, I suppose I've got a few days to get over it :-). A few of the boys from work (with the same non-existent social life) are going to the Hunter Valley on our weekend on Monday for a Sideways experience. Sampling some "big reds" which Australian winemakers seem to be pretty good at making and stay the night somewhere nice.... most likely in an on-site vineyard cabin. Things are usually a bit quieter during mid-week tourist wise which is another bonus.

I haven't been to "The Hunter" for awhile and I might enjoy a BIG sleep-in of say about 6:30am.

2 Comments:

  • We try to get up there for the Lovedale long lunch, although we missed it this year as we were in Queensland. It's busy as all hell, but a blast from start to finish. Enjoy your break.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 am  

  • Mish, I'll tell you what...... I'll see if I can get yoy a Hunter Valley snowscape to give you at an idea of what it would be like with flakes of aluminium foil falling from the sky.

    Either that or a tea-towel.

    JTH: I've never heard of the Lovedale long lunch.And a google search provided the answer. WOW!!! I've led such a sheltered life.

    There are six of us and we are tossing up whether to go on a bus tour or hire a limousine and split it six ways. The limousine is looking cheaper split six ways(believe it or not) if we don't want the hassles of a designated driver.

    By Blogger Johnno, at 7:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home