Johnno

Thursday, August 11, 2005

the wreckroom

the wreckroom

Many moons ago when I was struggling with this medium, I put up an article celled surveilance camera theatre. I found it both at the same time funny with a sinister side to it.

Anyway this guy from Nevada randomly popped in who(I think) was also just starting out, struggling with CSS and HTML and such. He left a comment on my blog. So I went and checked his out. WOW! Here was a deeply creative kinda guy with a massive record collection, some pretty cool instruments, a great songwriter and a encyclopedic knowledge of things musical. Add to that he had a taste very similar to mine but with a depth perhaps a thousand fold greater. I watched his visitor stats climb and climb.

He sometimes picks a theme and goes along with that. Or picks out a band who didn't make it and should have made it. He sometimes goes with bands from his native New Orleans or some times writes about his father.

I visit his space almost every day as I once commented "Every one who stumbles into the Wreckroom walks out a winner". My record collection has improved in both quality and quantity due to some of his prudent suggestions.

Anyway Sleepy has put together a post which is probably one of the best musical articles I've ever read. Various Strawberries Forever..........

It's really an honour to be on your blogroll mate.

2 Comments:

  • wow, thanks johnny-boy! i am glad to be of service from a 1/2 a world away. i enjoy your spot too. i get to visit a bit of the world i can only dream of . you always tell a good yarn and the pictures are great, (s.a. loves all the bird).
    i am glad i stumbled in here that dark and stormy night and found that idiot with the bar-code ... still makes me laff. i swear i will do that next mardi gras in new orleans!
    cheers mate!

    By Blogger sleepybomb, at 1:42 pm  

  • Not a problem! And the strange thing is that I sort of wonder about your little niche over there too.

    By Blogger Johnno, at 7:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home