Johnno

Saturday, October 01, 2005

I'm b-a-a-a-a-c-k


I'm b-a-a-a-a-c-k Posted by Picasa

Keeping with an avian theme, here is a Pelican I saw near the River Murray at Mannum in South Australia.

I've had a really good trip and felt recharged by the time I got back although I caught some sort of flu-like virus which I am getting over now. One thing I realised when I was heading home, that over here in the Blue Mountains is now "home", the "home" I once had.... no longer is. South Australia still has a uniqueness about it and holds some memories but sometimes it's better to move on.

Re: the trip.....I worked out via the petrol additive usage that I throw in my pre-unleaded car that I used around 450 litres of petrol in these high crude oil priced times. It still worked out cheaper than getiing an airfare and hiring a car upon arrival. And I had a GREAT time getting over to Adelaide and taking part in some of the organized events. The once drought stricken country looked as green as the best Irish postcard in most places.

So thanks to all those who dropped by and took a look at my travelogue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home