Johnno

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Doonesbury


Trudeau on Murdoch Posted by Picasa

In a rather sort of stream of conscious way, I've been re-introduced to the razor sharp wit of Garry Trudeau. I *think* he may still be syndicated in Australia but I'm not sure, from memory it was either the Australian or the Financial Review. In any case I didn't get it all those years ago, not knowing much on US politics in my younger years. Although I did understand Mr Butts the tobacco lobbyist and there was another gun lobbyist shaped in the form of a bullet from memory.

I was reading "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and went to the gonzo.org website to get some more on Hunter Thompson.....only for this antipode to find out Trudeau has had a character Uncle Duke based on Thompson. So I did some looking around and was delighted.




I looked around at Trudeau's website which is highly generous in it's clips and also had a look through some google images. Laughed my ass off most of last night.

A lot of it witten in the 70's and 80's is still highly relevant today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home