Johnno

Saturday, June 10, 2006

South Head Lighthouse Blue Sky



I've uploaded some more of these photos I took when I was lost in the Eastern suburbs in Sydney with a storm around the area. The light was fantastic! Depending on which way one looked the sky was grey, maroon, purple with various hues inbetween. Unfortunately, I didn't have my tripod so some of the pics are a little wobbly with the hand shake.

None of these photos have been enhanced in any way, they are completely raw. The above photo of the lighthouse was what I mostly came out with the shutter in continous mode (a lovely blue tinge) with some turning out inexplicably a warmer, redder tinge below.

2 Comments:

  • We've had reasonable winter weather in Cape town the past week or so, johnno (it's been sunny and in the mid-to-high 20s), and I'm starting to miss a winter once again booming in over the Atlantic. It looks like storms of a similar type, biting cold, heavy swells, plenty of rain and, I hope, some of that awesome colour. These are great pics...as with Peter, they speak strongly to the sailor or coastal dweller in me.

    By Blogger Mike Golby, at 10:54 am  

  • We've had some good rain for once Mike, the land around here was beginning to look a little brown. I'm not 100% sure but I think where you are has a similar Meditteranean climate to Adelaide, Sydney is more sub tropical receiving most of our rain in the warmer months of January and February.

    The mild humidity really knocked me around when I first moved here from the much drier South Australian climate.

    By Blogger Johnno, at 11:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home