Johnno

Monday, June 06, 2005

I wish i could write like Steve.

This from Steve Gilliard's news and views site. Methinks I'll have to drop him when I get back. Which is no big deal, he gets the readers in.

If you want to grab an audience, you have to work at it. You have to do it every day and not expect an ounce of help. Not one link, not one kind reference. You have to do the work to get noticed. Some of us are more talented than others, but if you work hard and show effort others will appreciate it.


Gilliard's blog IMHO is a first rate case of punditry which in some cases is hopelessly clueless and inadequetly researched. I passed by a few weeks ago and left a note how much I enjoyed his blog, not from a content issue but more from the endless number of Gordian knots he seems to get himself into. Yes, I do engage in the art of punditry from time to time, my grammar sometimes sucks and spellin mistakes and ttypos pas by unchecked. So perhaps he's raised a few hackles there. Unlike Gilliard, I admit my lack of knowledge on some subjects and readily admit mistakes.

There again I might leave the link to remind me of what and ego out of control looks like when released on the blogosphere.

2 Comments:

  • Yeah no kidding. Some people think that by denying their mistakes that they will become truths.

    By Blogger tetricus, at 8:34 am  

  • I'm actually surprised Gilliard is classified as a "big boy",I assume this blogging business is like Multi Level Marketing. If you got in on the first floor and wrote half decently, success was assured.

    And yeah there is a "smell of sameness". Which is one reason why I avoid them and usually use your blogroll as a launching pad.

    Young Tetricus..... go and have a look at Harry's blog for a loose collective of jesters and stoolies who seem to think out of the box on a regular basis from the an alternative side of the sphere.....wherever that is!

    By Blogger Johnno, at 3:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home