Johnno

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

New Ride



I was looking for a low kilometer older 6 cylinder Benz or BMW and this came up.

A 1990 300e 24v.
176 kW (About 250 Horsepower)
Quarter mile in 15.9 secs.
92000km (about 55000 miles) I've since done 2000km....can't help myself.
One little old lady owner
Immaculate leather and wool carpet interior.
Everything works.
Benz machanic says it was a good buy, the only work required was a front suspension arm thingy and a couple of German Continental tyres for the front. I couldn't believe the handling and steering could get any better but it did.

So I snapped it up for the same price as a base model 2000 Holden Commodore with a heap more kilometers on the clock and half the engineering. Hopefully will retain its value a little better than the Commodore (I've just lost a heap on my previous one which was getting VERY tired). I've had it professionally polished to get the fingernail marks off door handle jambs and "swirls" and am getting the windows tinted to protect the interior from the sun.

The old guys in the Mercedes Benz club reckon this is the lasty of the well built Benzes, after that they started cutting costs. Time will tell.

5 Comments:

  • Nice, do you need a 10 year old truck without AC?

    Runs off

    By Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic, at 8:49 pm  

  • I hate you single guys!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 pm  

  • Wow! She (the little old lady) drives less then myself, who has 42k miles on my eight year old car.

    Sounds like a very smart buy. Congratulations.

    I hate to expose my auto ignorance, but I have no idea about this "Holden". An Aussie machine?

    By Blogger Peter (the other), at 12:37 am  

  • I've been looking for a ferrari in about the same condition. Let me know if you see one for sale.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 am  

  • OBtH...... Throw in a right hand conversion and a case of good Californian Shiraz and you got a deal.

    Moff..... being single has it's downside. Here I am alone, typing this, even the cat has gone outside.

    Peter. A Holden is a GM car brand downunder. In some cases GM gets Opels, Kias, Isuzus and rebadges them Holdens. The recent Pontiac GTO's were souped up Holden two doors rebadged. Mostly big sixes are manufactured here.

    Johnny: Ferraris in similar condition are numerous(most are under 100,000km), only problem is they are around ten times the price!

    By Blogger Johnno, at 8:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home